Tuesday, January 3, 2023

The 2022 Jazz Year in Review

 As I ponder over this year of jazz that has gone by .. I’m perpetually satisfied at how evolved and wise the jazz community is .. and this here 2022 year, I think again about a mighty quote from one of the best drummers in the business .. the funny and effortlessly talented Matt Wilson .. During my first interview with him back in 2016, he opened up during a raw conversation about losing his wife Felicia to Leukemia in 2014 .. I was hesitant to open any wounds in this interview, but he was very willing to share and be very open .. and there was one story he told me that has reverberated like an endless ripple on a pond surface into an infinity .. almost  .. here 6 years later .. and it was something I personally wanted to aspire to in my life .. 

Thanks for tuning in .. into Neon Jazz .. the radio show and our worldwide Interviews … 

& a big, fat, hearty damned Cheers to 2023 .. 





No comments:

Post a Comment