Friday, October 9, 2026

Singer Lisa Rich on “I Still Rise” | Jazz Comeback, Music & America

Welcome to a new edition of the Neon Jazz interview series with jazz singer Lisa Rich talking about her powerful 2026 album I Still Rise. The last time Lisa joined us was in 2024 with the release of Long As You're Living, a remarkable comeback following 33 years of forced inactivity due to serious health problems. When she returned, her voice was in prime form, resulting in one of the standout vocal jazz albums of the year.

Now, I Still Rise fully confirms Lisa Rich's return to the jazz scene.

For this new project, Lisa reunites with the three musicians who joined her on Long As You're Living: pianist Marc Copland, bassist Drew Gress, and trumpeter Dave Ballou. Together, they create another deeply expressive chapter in Lisa's remarkable musical journey.

In this conversation, we get into I Still Rise, Lisa's return to music, the creative partnership behind the album, America today, jazz as a unifying language, resilience, the power of the human voice, and much more.

It's great to have Lisa back on Neon Jazz.

Get Lisa Rich – I Still Rise
I Still Rise on Bandcamp

For More Neon Jazz: Shows via MixCloud: https://www.mixcloud.com/neonjazzkc/
Subscribe via Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/user/neonjazzkc
Subscribe via iTunes/Apple - https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/famous-interviews-joe-dimino/id546432639?mt=2

The Home of Neon Jazz: http://theneonjazz.blogspot.com/

Contribute to Neon Jazz via PayPal:                     https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=ER


No comments:

Post a Comment